Austin's Birthday

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

...Salt...and a Lake... in a City?

Salt Lake City

What’s in Salt Lake City?
I know I drove through...
But honestly I don’t remember much...
I remember seeing these salt deposits that stretched for miles... and appeared to look like water in the distance... but I don’t really know what (if any) else is in Salt Lake City...
EXCEPT:
one of the best doctors for SMA patients...
And guess who she would like to see:

Yep, Austin! I talked to his neurologist about a week ago and she told me that she had spoken with Dr. Swoboda about Austin to see if she’d be interested in seeing him... and she is!!!! Dr. Golden said that she would talk to us about it more at his next appointment (I’m not sure yet when that will be... I am thinking November for some reason... but its MDA clinic... so I won’t really know until I get the letter in the mail)...

I am so excited! I have wanted and secretly hoped and even said a prayer or two to get Austin in with Dr. Swoboda... but now the reality of getting to Salt Lake City is setting in... I don’t know if we will be able to do it... I mean, we’d have to fly... and 3 plane tickets will cost us an arm and a leg... and then we’d have to get a hotel room at least for a night... and that will be pretty pricey as well...

I’m still not sure when or if we will really go... and who knows, maybe I’d have plenty of time to save... My grandma said she’d try to help...

PLEASE pray that we find a way to get him there!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.