Austin's Birthday

Monday, August 4, 2008

Potty Training... :)

We have been pretty successful so far... (knock on wood)
We started REALLY training Austin last weekend... and it has actually been pretty pleasant... he is still wearing pull-ups to daycare... and I am honestly not sure how well or if he is even using the potty there... But when we get home we go right to the potty... and then we put on big boy underwear! And we have only had 1 accident!!!!
That was yesterday... We had been at Chuck E Cheese’s for a birthday party... Austin didn’t have an accident or ask to go potty... until we got home... So he went and he really needed to go... (I don’t think he knew there was a potty there) afterwards he was really cranky and kind telling me “You need go NiteNite mommy” so I thought maybe he needed a nap... Well he decided he needed to go peepee .... well after sitting in the bathroom for 10 minutes (literally), I thought he was just trying to get out of going lay down... (I mean he had just went like 15 minutes earlier when we got home) ... So we put his undies back on and put him in his room to watch tv... just for some quiet time... Well, he had an accident... I know I should have stayed in the bathroom...I know... I felt a little guilty about his accident... But he had JUST went... and after 10 minutes of him hanging upside down from the potty... I really thought he just didn’t want to lay down...

I still say we are doing good...

No accidents at all Saturday... none! And we weren’t even at home... We were at his grandparent’s house for Alexis’s birthday party! I was so proud of him!

We had a busy weekend!
Enjoying every little second in paradise! Pictures will be coming soon!

0 comments: