Austin's Birthday

Friday, October 17, 2008

an update (straight from myspace bulletin)

well, its 7 am (about)
We made it through the night IV free...
the did get the culture back from his stool sample...
he has the rotavirus... so of course, it just means that we have to let it just run its course... *sigh* I'm not too thrilled about that.. but what can you do...
I'm even less thrilled that they thought waking us up at midnight was the best time to tell us... *rolls eyes* I mean, if he was dieing from whatever it was ok... but its just a virus.... just like the doctor told us it prob was.... Even if it would have been something bacterial and they needed to start antiboitics... that's ok to wake me up... but to give me some paper explaining what it is...
I would have rather slept... oh well... Its their job... and at least I'm informed...

His diarrhea did stop last night about 8pm... so that was good...I'm hoping that means its clearing up and not that his belly was just empty...
He didn't pee before he went to bed... so I was a little concerned... I was hoping it wasn't a sign of him re-dehydrating....
but he soaked through his sheets ... so looks like he is still hydrated!!!

YAY!

He is still asleep... I thought about trying to sleep a little more, but I just couldn't... so I got on here... before he claims it as his computer... lol
Poor thing is just so bored... he's not allowed out of the room b/c its a virus... and contagious... blahblah...

Anyway, I guess I am going to go... I will update after we see the doctor... hopfully its to say we are going home..... *crosses fingers*

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Rotovirus--yuck! But I'm so glad Austin is okay. Hope he get's to come home soon!!