Austin's Birthday

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

fed up

I am just sick and tired and fed up with my job. Not even my job, more like my boss...

My kid has been in the hospital... Its not my fault... and if you think that I am not going to be with him, you can just kiss my fat ass...

I went back to work yesterday...My boss wasn't there...
he took the day off...
so, this morning, I got there, and brought him my leave slip for today... I needed to leave early to bring Austin to his follow up appointment.

He didn't want to sign... told me that I have been taking off too much...
I had talked to his boss yesterday about needing to leave early... he said it was fine...so I didn't understand.

He just went on and on about how I was taking too much time off... I explained, that I had 80 hours of annual before last week and almost 60 of sick leave... I took 32 annual and 8 sick last week... so I still had 5 of each... i didn't see the problem with needing to leave for 3.5 hours today...

He told me that I really needed to be careful and watch my leave... I told him I was... and that I wasn't worried about it, because I never take off... he replies with "you just took a whole week off" yeah, my kid was in the hospital... that's what we are discussing...

He went on to tell me not to bother asking for any time off when we move, or for the holidays, because it just won't be possible... WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

I earn 3.6 hours of leave EVERY two weeks... so I still have 50 of annual and I am going to continue to earn... I don't get what the problem is...

He also told me that I "was just going to have to come in even if you wake up one morning and don't feel like it" I told him I do... I never stay home just becuase I don't feel like coming in... and he just repeats hiself...

I'm sick of it!!!!
I don't get the double standards... at all... everyone else takes off when ever the hell the please... even he did it yesterday... but my kid needs something and I'm the bad guy...

He also told me that i have to change my schedule back to the old schedule b/c that's what he wants... EVERYONE else in our section works the schedule they chose... but he wants to take that from me? which means, I will be using MORE leave to take off for Austin's therapy schedule... The whole point of changing my schedule was so that I wouldn't have to use all my leave... I am the only person in our group that actually has a reason to need to chane their schedule, but I am going to be the one to be forced to work a shitty schedule... and not be available to get my kid to the appointments he needs...

He also explained to me that I needed to clean the stacks off my desk... the only stacks that were on my desk, had been placed there by my lead worker.... they all and notes on them so that I could finish what needed to be finished... I tried explaining this... and he just wouldn't listen... kept repeating hisself... same shit... so what ever... later he came by my desk and started talking about the stacks I needed to clean up... you know what they were??? Stacks of envelopes... seriously... WTF?!?!?! I mail out letters everyday, EVERYDAY!!!! I REFUSE to go to the supply room to get more envelopes everytime I get a letter to send out... so they will stay on my desk... That's insane...

I know that things will get better... I know he was jsut in a pissy mood, but every couple of months he pulls this shit... I want it to stop... I just don't know what to do...

I am going to go through my Employee handbook to see what my rights are, especially concerning my leave.

Sorry this is so long... I just needed to get it out...

Here's Austin's update...
We saw Dr. Wood... he is fine.
He even managed to gain back right over one pound of the weight he lost
(the last weight the doctor had on file was 27.5lbs in July... so he was a little more than that... as of wednesday he was 25lbs even... so he had lost at least 2.5 lbs... if not more)
and he got a flu shot.
We are back to normal!! YAY!!!
I'm so glad that he isn't sick anymore...

anyway, that's enough for tonight...again I'm sorry its so long... ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The nerve! If you have time built up to use, you should be able to use it anyway needed or wanted. Some people just shouldn't be bosses. He needs to learn how to be a people person. His staff would be much happier and things would be even more productive. I dislike people like that.
You hang in there and do what you have to do.

Kristen said...

What a jerk. He was obviously having a crappy day, but it is completely unprofessional of him to take it out on you. Check out FMLA (family medical leave act). It is a federal law and if they have so many employees they have to follow it. If they don't, you can sue him...and then maybe you won't need the job anymore. :)