Austin's Birthday

Thursday, March 5, 2009

...simple things...

You know... when it comes down to it, I'm really just a simple girl...
Its the simple things that make me happiest...

Right now I am making one of my favorite dinners... Shake-N-Bake Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, and Corn... I'm listening to my little boy sing "Little Monkeys jumping on the bed" and getting stuck in a loop...

And I couldn't be happier...

It really is the small things that count... when I sit back and think about what makes me smile...I'm always amazed at how I come back to the smiplest things of all...

Enjoying a dinner with my family, the smell of clean towels, watching my little boy learn something new, taking a bubble bath, baking cookies, all of those little things...

Sometimes life gets in the way, we end up tired and moody... that's when we really seek out those comforts... the simple things that make us happy...

Tonight my comfort is Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes... I think its always been one of my very favorite meals... I'm feeling better just thinking about it...

I hope that where ever you are... what ever you find yourself doing... you take time to find some comfort...

0 comments: