Austin's Birthday

Friday, March 20, 2009

11 laps (with a little help)

Austin did 11 laps at the Trike-a-Thon yesterday!
I can not even begin to tell you how proud I am...
I was worried he wouldn't even be able to get one lap...

now most of you know that Austin can't really ride a trike... his legs are too weak from the SMA to be able to do it alone... He is getting stronger and can get one full pedal.. but not nearly enough to actually push himself on the bike...

so you may be wondering just how my child was able to do 11 laps....


This is Sam, Austin's very best friend.


From what I understand, Austin fell, Sam ran over and helped him up, and then helped him do his laps.



God has truely answered one of my prayers when he gave Austin such a good friend like Sam. I can not tell you how much it warms my heart to see them together.


The newspaper was at the daycare to cover the story about Sam's brother Noah and the event. The photographer got some really great shots of Sam and Austin together, and even asked if Austin's pictures could be published in the paper! So the article should be in Tuesday's paper... We'll have to see if Austin makes it!!!