Austin's Birthday

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UPDATE!!!

Oh how I have missed my blogging...
Things are getting back to normal... and that of course means craziness has taken over.
Friday as Hurricane Ike started sending bands to the Baton Rouge area, Ms. Rhonda (the babysitter) lost power and had to shut down last minute... So I didn’t go in to work... I had no sitter... Instead we (Austin and myself) spent the day at my mom’s house... Until we got a phone call from Mike saying that Jimmy had just called and we had power!!!!

THANK GOD!!!

I was so excited.... As we finished lunch, I loaded Austin up in the truck and headed home to turn on the AC ....

Right as I drove up a friend from work called to tell me that they had been dis-missed from work a few minutes ago. We talked for a little while and then I called Mike to make sure he was coming home.

We shut all the windows and then left to go get our stuff from Mike’s grandparent’s house... (who by the way were wonderful and made us feel so at home. I love you both!!) Since Austin was sleeping by this time we left him at the Nanny & Paw’s so we could clean up at home with out his “help”.... then we made a stop by Mike’s parents to get Oreo... (Valentine was at Nanny & Paw’s with us)... So we got home ... and got some cleaning accomplished (the refridgerator and freezer.... and a few other things) After that we headed to Walmart to pickup a few things for the weekend and then back to get Austin...

Saturday was the LSU football game... YAY! Go Tigers!!!
We all loaded up in the truck and went shopping... For nothing really just to go I guess... Austin did need a new LSU shirt... and we picked up his costume for Halloween... Which I love!!! But it’s a surprise... I promise there will be a ton of pictures though!
Then we watched the game with some friends...

Sunday we actually went back to Walmart to go grocery shopping and get EVERYTHING since our fridge was completely empty....

Oh, and I forgot!
We got the call...
They got the permit!!!!! YAY!

We had our team meeting yesterday afternoon with Kyle...
He was nice, and we got to get a few minute last things taken care of.
We found out that they should be pouring the slab Wednesday and then the frame will start going up Friday.
Kyle said that as long as we don’t have any more hurricanes it should all be finished before Christmas... (which is what we are secretly hoping for)
I can not even tell you how glad I am to hear that!

So that’s it... things are back to normal here in Paradise.

0 comments: