Austin's Birthday

Monday, September 8, 2008

Storm Skies - Hurricane Gustav

Ok, so here are a few pictures of the sky before and during the storm... I know it isn't much... but I will try to load some more tonight...


These first ones were taken around 5:30 pm on Sunday (8-31-08)... we were watching the clouds moving in... we were gettting some light rain showers on and off... the temperature was dropping and it was a little breezy.... which is not at all common around here...



These pictures were taken at about 8:00 pm Sunday night... we were loading the truck and trying to get everything packed up so we could get out... and of course when I saw this purple band I had to stop and dig out the camera... The hard rain started about 45 mins or so after these pictures were taken...



These last few pictures were taken Monday (9-1-08) morning at about 7 am... It was really amazing to sit and watch how fast the clouds were moving by... I just can't describe it... the wind was really picking up... They said it was about tropical storm strength at this time... and it was raining...

Ok, well that's all for now... I've got video and more so I will load as I can...

0 comments: