Austin's Birthday

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend Update


Well, we seemed to have a pretty busy weekend...
Saturday I had a CPR class and since I was in the office they got me to stay and watch the First Aid Video that I always seem to miss...

Mike and Austin stayed home while I was gone because Ms. Lisa was coming to give Austin his physical therapy... I’ll update on that a little later... I think it deserves a whole post... :)

Saturday afternoon we went by Mike’s brothers house to help him move the last few things out and to pick up a toy for Austin... Then we were off to our regular old Saturday trip to Walmart. This Saturday Austin came with us... And I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved he was... we only had ... one... MAYBE two meltdowns... so I was very happy.

Of course we walked in the doors and he said he was hungry (which was SO not true he had just eaten lunch before we left) and that he needed a hambur and fri fris... I told him he needed to wait a while... and he didn’t have a meltdown! That was pretty surprising... lol

He even managed to walk about the last half or so of our trip... Which really surprised me.. I mean it may seem simple to most people... but for Austin... that is AMAZING...

After our trip we went home and unloaded everything...Tried to relax for a minute and get Austin to nap (never happened) and then I made some brownies and we headed over to a friends house. We stopped and picked up a burger for Austin on the way...
We had a great night... It was nice to spend some time out of the house... and with friends... The food was FANTASTIC... Austin was so well behaved... especially considering that he hadn’t had a nap... and we were even able to enjoy a game of Tribond...

Sunday we “celebrated” my birthday... See my birthday is tomorrow... and I can’t take off because my co-worker is out due to surgery... so we figured Sunday was good enough.... Mikey took me to IHOP for breakfast YUMMY and then we went and saw The Dark Night! I was really great!

It was such a nice weekend...

We even tried to play outside a bit... but gosh! It was just so hot!!! But Austin did get to enjoy his swing set a little bit... Maybe it will be a bit cooler this weekend? (I doubt it...)

All in all.. It was another great weekend in Paradise...

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Megan! Thanks for visiting my blog- it's great getting to know people.
You have a beautiful family. And how exciting for you to be building a home! I love the process of picking out everything you will need. I love the choices you made. We did an addition to our home just 3 yrs. ago.
Congrats on losing weight! I had what they call a chocolate cyst on one of my ovaries about 7 yrs. ago. They ended up removing my whole ovary and I've been pain free ever since.
My advice for Austin- keep him active. Now that I look back, I'm glad I didn't know I had SMA. I'm afraid I would of been babied and wouldn't of pushed myself which in turn would of made me weaker. Not a whole lot was know about it back then. What were symptoms that you noticed with Austin when you knew something wasn't right? Did he walk at the normal age? My mom told me I was about 18 mo. before I started walking.
Well, that's all for now. It was nice to "meet" you. I hope we can keep in touch.