Austin's Birthday

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Turkey Day.... a few hours early....




I know its a little early... but with everything going on tomorrow I figured I should go ahead and post now... I'm not sure if I will get a chance tomorrow or not. But I promise pictures will be coming.... at some point this weekend... ;)

We are going to my aunts house for dinner... I'm bringing Mac and Cheese... and Yams... and that's about it...

This year has been a really good year for us... It started off a little rough... with Austin's diagnosis... It was really a hard time... but thankfully we have an awesome family, and they really supported us.
Things have only gotten better as the year went on...
We started Austin on a treatment with in a month of his diagnosis... so that was fantastic...
In May we took a fantastic vacation back to Fort Walton Beach and we were able to stay in the same place we stayed in when we got married.
In July we started looking into building/buying a house... and now we are about 3 weeks away from moving!!!
I am so thankful for the friends and family we have on our side.
For the prayers that have touched our hearts...
For the people online that I've met, that kept me sane though the diagnosis... both in the SMA community and not... You have all played an important part in my healing after the initial shock...
I'm thankful for the fact that Mike and I are both working, and we have a steady, realiable job.... and that we have made the best with what we have... and we are doing all we can to better our selves.
I'm thankful that SMA has been kind to Austin...
I look at some families, and I almost feel guilty because we have really been blessed... things could be so much worse for him... and I am truly thankful that we have been as lucky as we are...
I am thankful for the wonderful opportunity that we have to get Austin to Salt Lake City... And to the family members (and friends... even some from the internet) that have offered to help us.
I am thankful to the MDA foundation, because of them Austin sees a wonderful pediatric nuerologist who has done great things for him...
I'm thanksful for ms Lisa, she has worked so hard with Austin an thanks to her, we have seen lots of improvement in his strength and endurance...
I am thankful that somehow we made it through two hurricanes with out any real damage... to our trailor... and it didn't really effect the construction of the new house :)

Like I said, we have had a very blessed year! And we've got a lot to be thankful for!!!

I hope that you all have a blessed day and get to spend it with the ones that you love!

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: