Austin's Birthday

Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Well, its that time again...
Its been a while since I’ve actually participated in MckMama’s fun little blog carnival...
But I’m sure you remember it...

You know... it’s the one chance we get to tell all about those things that we certainly would never ever in our wildest dreams do... especially not to then publicly blog about it... where anyone could read it...

I thought you might remember it...

So lets see ....

Last week, I most certainly did not ask my grandma to start watching my son for me... (Which she volunteered for... by the way) and then wonder to myself if I was making a big mistake...

I was not surprised at all to come home Tuesday afternoon to a perfectly clean house... and to find many of my things rearranged.... I was not slightly irritated going through re-rearranging the things how I wanted them... (which might have been the reason they were that way) and explaining to my husband that it was ok if he put the things on his dresser back where he wanted them... that he didn’t have to leave it where she put them...

I did not spend the rest of the evening Tuesday sitting on the couch wondering what I should do, since all of my normal duties had been taken care of during the day...

I did not come home Wednesday to basically the same thing that I came home to Tuesday (including the re-arranging...)
We did not enjoy possibly the best Crock-Pot Chicken I’ve ever made...

I did not spend the rest of the evening Wednesday thinking that maybe my grandma watching Austin was the BEST decision I had ever made in my life...

Thursday was Austin’s IEP at school...
I did not cringe when my grandma said she wanted to go along (she needed to know where Austin’s new school would be)...
I did not spend the morning trying to come up with reasons why she could ride to the school, but not come in the meeting...
I was not terrified of what her input would be...
(We all know that as far as what’s best for Austin... she and I don’t see eye to eye... she’s the type that thinks do it for him... its too hard for him to do...)
At the end of the meeting I was not pleasantly surprised that she kept her mouth closed when it came to her views on things... and actually didn't have anything negative to say about the whole visit...


This weekend I did not have to re-arrange Austin’s bedroom.... My grandma did not take it upon herself to move his furniture around ... which of course did not leave Austin to have a breakdown after she left about where things had been moved to...

Hmmm... I guess that’s about all of my Not Me’s from last week...
Be sure to check out MckMama’s page for her Not Me’s as well as everyone else!
And add your own! It really is great therapy!!!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

She really moved the room around. That cracks me up. Sounds just like my grandma.